Hi Guys, Its known that Windows 8 world is emerging these days and many users trying to find smart ways to perform operations like Shutdown and Restart in windows 8.
As we know that to shutdown or restart windows 8, the user should perform below operations
1. Place the cursor at the bottom right of the screen
2. Then press "Settings"
3. Then press "Power" and next press "Shutdown".or "Restart"
Now the system gets shutdown.
Instead of doing all this operations a one time activity can be done to do shutdown or restart on double icon of a shortcut icon.
- Right click on the Desktop , then New--> Create Shortcut
- A "Shortcut" window opens.
Copy and paste the below path in the displayed window and press "Next"
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0
- Change the Shortcut name as ur wish and then press "Finish"
Now shortcut for shutdown is created on the desktop. So when the user want to shutdown the system just double click the shortcut icon . the system gets shutdown.
Do the above operations for Restart using below path.
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe /r /t 0