How to create a login for Content author in Sitecore
By default sitecore provides an admin user with userid ‘Admin’ and password ‘b’. However additional users can be created in sitecore by following below steps.
- Login to sitecore as admin in desktop mode.
- Go to security tools and then user manager.
- Click on ‘New’ button present at the top left corner.
- Give the Username say ‘User1’, Email Id and Password.
- Then click on ‘Edit’ to add Roles to this new user.
Select the following roles from the below list and click on Add. This list provide the roles required for a content author.
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Publishing
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Users
By adding the above roles, the below list of sub roles will be automatically added.
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Designing
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Configuring
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Maintaining
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Developing
- Sitecore\Analytics Testing
- Sitecore\Analytics Personalization
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Authoring
Then click Ok and Finish. We have now created a new user and then assigned the roles of a content author.