How to create a new login user in Sitecore and what are roles required for a content author?
By default sitecore provides an admin user with userid ‘Admin’ and password ‘b’. However additional users can be created in sitecore by following below steps.
- Login to sitecore as admin in desktop mode.
- Go to security tools and then user manager.
- Click on ‘New’ button present at the top left corner.
- Give the Username say ‘User1’, Email Id and Password.
- Then click on ‘Edit’ to add Roles to this new user.
Select the following roles from the below list and click on Add. This list provide the roles required for a content author.
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Publishing
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Users
By adding the above roles, the below list of sub roles will be automatically added.
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Designing
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Configuring
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Maintaining
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Developing
- Sitecore\Analytics Testing
- Sitecore\Analytics Personalization
- Sitecore\Sitecore Client Authoring
Then click Ok and Finish. We have now created a new user and then assigned the roles of a content author.